Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Your Advertisement On Glee

As a consumer, I desire to support companies that are not actively working to oppose my value system. The television program a company chooses to advertise on speaks volumes as to whether or not I choose to buy that product or patronize that business.

And so, as a potential customer, I am contacting you to let you know how troubled I am by your sponsorship of the show Glee on FOX Broadcasting. A quick survey of just one episode will confirm that the values expressed in this program are diametrically opposed to the values held by the majority of your customers.

Instead of offering positive role models for its millions of young viewers, Glee teaches teens a course in illicit sexuality. From the Britney Spears episode filled with explicit erotica to the most recent sex-themed episode, young people are given the message that casual sex is meaningless and consequence free. Our youth are paying the physical and emotional price of these lies – lies your company is sponsoring.

Glee creator Ryan Murphy has made it clear of his agenda to push illicit sexuality on our youth as he stated:

It is tough to get that sexual point of view across on television. Hopefully I have made it possible for somebody on broadcast television to do a rear-entry scene in three years. Maybe that will be my legacy.


I urge you to pull support from this concerning program and use your corporate influence in ways that build up, not tear down, our society, exercising greater care in the ideas and content you promote. I look forward to your response.

No comments: