Thursday, July 19, 2007

Stop taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood

Vote to stop taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.

Please voice your support for Rep. Pence's amendment to H.R. 3043 that would prevent taxpayer dollars from being used to fund Planned Parenthood or its affiliates. Your support on this crucial amendment is needed.

According to Planned Parenthood's own 2005-2006 Annual Report, Planned Parenthood received over a third of their income--$300 million-from government funding. Although the government monies are prohibited by law from being used for abortions, that funding still helps Planned Parenthood in its overall operations.

It is very important to my family, friends, and myself that the flow of taxpayer money to the nation's largest abortion chain be stopped.

1 comment:

john said...

I wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I received your message regarding the Pence amendment to the fiscal year 2008
Labor, HHS, and Education Appropriations bill.

Thank you for contacting me about this bill. As you know, the Pence Amendment would prohibit funds bill from being made available to Planned Parenthood. You will be pleased to know that I voted for this amendment. Unfortunately however, the amendment was defeated.

Since coming to Congress, I have consistently voted against using federal funds for abortions and will continue to vote accordingly.

As the House continues to debate the issue of abortion, you can be assured that I will keep your views in mind.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
me.

Sincerely,

Jerry F. Costello
Member of Congress